In partnership with York BID and The Cookery School at The Grand, York, we’re on a hunt to find the next ground-breaking Yorkshire pudding creation in our nation-wide cooking competition, The Great Yorkshire Pudding Challenge!
Getting things started with a round of social entries from 17th June – 14th July, pudding participants are encouraged to think outside the box to create a dazzling new recipe involving the humble yorkie pud, before uploading photos of their tempting creations to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. A selection of aspiring cooks will be voted for by the public (via an app) to take part in the final, where they will present their creations to a panel of experts before the winner is crowned.
The final will take place on 1st August, also known as Yorkshire Day, the annual celebration of all things Yorkshire. The UK’s largest county comes together each year to indulge in bucket loads of regional pride and icons, and what’s more iconic than the deliciously versatile Yorkshire pudding?
• The Cookery School’s Head Chef Tutor, Andrew Dixon
• Christopher Blackburn, current World Yorkshire Pudding Champion
• Masterchef semi-finalist, Greg Emmerson
The winner will not only win heaps of Yorkshire pride and that coveted first place spot, but will also bag:
• An overnight stay at The Grand for two
• A full day cookery course at The Cookery School at The Grand, York
• Winning recipe will be featured as a special dish on The York Roast Co. menus and supported with PR
• £100 The York Roast Co. vouchers
Whether you fancy your pud sweet or savoury, if you think you’ve got what it takes to win,
slip your chef’s hat on over your thinking cap and start working on that Yorkshire pudding recipe!
• Entries can be made via Facebook (from Monday 17th June) by uploading an image of your recipe and filling out the online form, or by uploading to Twitter and Instagram posting #GreatYorkshirePuddingChallenge.
• Entries must be submitted by 14th July
• The recipe must use the Yorkshire pudding as a main ingredient
• Entries are voted for by the public via *the app*. The images with the most votes by closing will be selected for the final
• Finalists will be contacted and announced on social media w/c 14th July
• All entrants must be available to attend the live final at The Cookery School at The Grand in York on Thursday 1st August (Yorkshire Day) between 3pm and 7pm (travel costs will be covered)
• To be eligible for this competition, you must be a resident of UK and aged 18 or over at the time of entry
• This competition is not open to employees of The York Roast Co., or members of their immediate family
• Prizes are supplied and organised by The York Roast Co. and The Cookery School at The Grand, York and will be valid until 31/07/2020
• While every effort will be made to accommodate prize winners on their chosen date, it will be subject to availability and determined by the hosts at their sole discretion
• Transport costs are covered for the competition final but not included in the prize
• The prizes will not be transferable to another person
• No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize
• Multiple entries will not be counted
• The York Roast Co. reserves the right to amend these rules at any time